Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Desire

So this weekend I went to a festival called LifeLight. It was held is in a corn field out in South Dakota. This festival is pretty much the biggest free Christian concert in USA So there were a ton of bands there, bands like Relient K, Tenth Avenue North, Sanctus Real, Britt Nicole, Chris August, Jeremy Camp, and smaller bands like Press Play, Ivoryline, and Manafest. The weekend was filled with all different kinds of worship and praise music. Some that you'd find in a church some that you probably wouldn't. The whole weekend was so great! I can get over how much fun I had. But here is what I want to write about. On Sunday night I got to hear my favorite artist, and he closed with my favorite song. 


My Desire by Jeremy Camp


You want to be real
You want to be empty inside
You want to be someone laying down your pride
You want to be someone someday
Then lay it all down before the King
You want to be whole
You want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue and purify your mind
You want to be set free today then lay it all down before the King

[Chorus:]
This is my desire
This is my return
This is my desire to be used by you

You want to be real
You want to be emptied inside
And I know my heart is to feel you near
And I know my life
It's to do your will
It's to do your will

[Chorus]

All my life I have seen where you've taken me
Beyond all I have hoped and there's more left unseen
There's not much I can do to repay all you've done so I give my hands to use

[Chorus]



As I sang these words with my arms lifted high I couldn't help but cry. I've been living my life these past 3 or so years more for myself then for my Savior. I've had this 'desire' to serve Him, and have wanted to. But I never did anything about. As I look back I have found myself serving more to please men then to please Him! I find myself wanting to me more godly and Christlike so that way a guy will 'fall for me'. My true desire has been self focused. I'm at the point where I'm doing the right things,  just for the wrong reasons. I don't even know what to do anymore. I have to learn to spend time in His word and fall in love with my Savior! Why is it so much easier to fall in love with boys of this world then the one who created the world?


~Katharine

1 comment:

  1. Because you are a teenager, and hormones have taken over your body for the last few years so that you can develop into a woman. Unfortunately, becoming obsessed with people you are attracted to is sort of a package deal with that. Don't beat yourself up for it, you'll find balance and stop making boys your first priority once the hormones start leveling out in a few years. :)

    That being said, if you want a guy who really loves you for YOU, you certainly won't attract him with a fake version of you. The right one will love you just the way you are, whether your life or your christian walk is perfect or not. But he won't find you if he can't see you! Be real and authentic, and any guy worth his salt will find that irresistible.

    ReplyDelete