Thursday, September 8, 2011

Africa

Hey everyone so I have a prayer request.
A few months ago God placed Sudan Africa on my heart. Since then I've been praying and thinking about being a missionary to Sudan(Southern Sudan). My plan is to in about 5 years make my way to Africa! I've started to learn Arabic, so that way (Lord willing) I'll be able to talk to most of the people I meet. I don't think I'll do a year long trip but i'm hoping for 2 or 3 months. All right, so now I'll get to my prayer request. If you could please be praying for me and missionary plans. I've got a lot of work to do before I can go. I need to learn how to be a missionary here, as well as learning to speak/read arabic.(which is hard) Being a missionary in my own home is hard, but there are so many lost people here in Lincoln so it has to be done. I also want to make sure I keep Christ behind my motives at all times. I've had a few people already tell me that they don't think I will end up being a missionary, so I could easily want to go just to prove them wrong. Which is a horrible motive for going to Africa. So if you could just keep me in prayers that would be wonderful, this is such a big thing for me. And its kinda scary. I'm not sure who I'll end up going with, or any of those details yet so I really have to just trust that God will take care of those plans.
Thanks for reading this!!

Sincerely, 
Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment