Friday, November 25, 2011

Blessings by Laura Story

Alright, here is some random rambling about the song Blessings by Laura Story
Blessings by Laura Story
We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise



This is my life song! <3 
I spend some much time focused in on my trials that I forget that God is using my trials to bring me closer to Him. I've spend countless nights in tears and unable to sleep, because I'm focused on my trials and not the bigger picture. The picture of me being the clay in His hands, I'm focused on myself and my *BIG* trials! He is using all these trials to mold me into what He wills me to be! My will is nothing! I'm something He decided to make, someone He decided to saved, someone He is working through yet I still think I have to do it! I still depend on what I do changing the outcome! NOT what HE DOES THROUGH ME! 
I am discontent with what the Lord is doing for me! I'm always focused on my faults, and my failures! And not what He has given me. The fact that I am breathing is a blessing! The fact that I have believing friends that care about me, thats a blessing! The fact that I've gone to a Bible believing church my whole life, thats a blessing. I have a car that gets me from point A to point B, sometimes even point C. Yup, there is another blessing! I'm able to eat daily, thats a blessing! So what if I have trials daily, that doesn't add up to anything. If you compare my list of trials to my list of blessing (not counting the trials as blessings) I have nothing to complain about.
THEN, think if I think of all my trials as blessings I have NO reason to be sad. Yes, I know there is a time for everything as Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 says 

 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up, a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.
 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
  a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
  a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;"
But I'm sad most of the time. Which is not Biblical. It's okay to be sad when someone pasts away, or even if you lose your job. There are reasons to be sad, there are trials that can make us sad. But over all, our outlook on life needs to be one of thankfulness, and a joyful heart for all the blessings He has given us! 

The line in the song, "And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near 

We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love" It is so very true. When those trials hit our life what do we do? We get mad! If we are getting mad *at* God or getting mad at the people around us.(Which by the way is the same as being mad at God, cause he placed them in your life.) And we pray for 'signs', and other things, "As if every promise from Your Word is not enough". I think we cry out for signs, and cry out for Him to do all these things on our wish list because we aren't in His Word enough! I know if I was in His Word as much as I should be I wouldn't cry out in anger and I would NEVER doubt his goodness and love! 


Like I sad at the beginning, it was random rambling (well fitting for this blog). Hopefully it makes since to you and maybe it will be of some enragement to you.

Katharine

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget, you have unbelieving friends/family who care a lot about you too. :)

    ReplyDelete