Saturday, July 16, 2011

Convicting

So I came across this quote on my friends status on Facebook and I found it convicting.


"For some reason, I have noticed Christian girls who are "engaged to" or "married to" another girl on Facebook. Marriage isn't a joke, ladies. Change your relationship status, please. And leave the denigration of marriage to the homosexuals. It isn't chic to act like you are married to a chick." 
-Mike Adams


I never really thought about it when I was 'married' to a friend that was a girl. It was just a joke... So if you have seen my relationship status on Facebook and have been confused or offended I'm sorry. I hope you forgive me.


~Katharine

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...Kali, is this YOU?! Didn't know you had a blog and can't WAIT to see more! XO Thanks for stopping by! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...if you have any friends tell you they aren't able to leave a comment for you, let me know. I know how to fix it. I wasn't able to comment at first (but learned the work-around), so if you need help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Karli its Kali, as far as I know all my like friends(like the whole two maybe three) know how to comment thanks tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always felt that way about people who put their status as such, but I know they (including you at that time) weren't intentional about a true meaning of 'married'. I'm glad you realized how it can come across. That's what I've been encouraging our youth girls to think about, too.

    ReplyDelete